Elise Anderson will be one of our Registered Dietetic Technicians offering dietary counseling services at Tree of Life. She Graduated in 2014 from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities with a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Dietetics. She is currently a licensed Registered Dietetic Technician through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Now, through May, she is also working full time at Maple Grove and North Memorial hospital to attain the certifications to become a Registered Dietitian.   

“I am a wife, a mom, and a total body wellness advocate. I am from St. Michael; a born and raised Minnesota girl. I love our community and am excited by the opportunities Tree of Life is bringing to our area to better blend Eastern and Western medicine. I cannot wait to meet and work with you!” 

How can you benefit?

Elise says, “I want people to get back to a state of health that maybe they haven’t experienced for a long time.” Elise wishes to work with anyone at any stage or any illness. Preventative? Great, let’s start there. Or let’s start to heal what you already have. Restoring you to as bright a state of health as you can get to, with just food. Healing the whole person and not just the sickness.

Maybe you have some questions, or you have a goal of how you wish you could eat but need help creating goals you can really succeed at, customized for you.  Let’s bridge the gap –  offering constant support – achieving step by step, measurable progress.

Passionate about pre and postnatal nutrition, particularly during lactation, Elise also wants to help moms answer those tough nutrition questions about how to nourish themselves and their baby while staying active and desiring to return to a healthy weight after pregnancy.

Restorative Nutrition, covering GI issues, diabetes, heart diseases, etc, many if not all of these things can be managed with good nutrition. We want to get to the root of the issue. “Medicine has a great purpose, but I don’t believe it’s the answer to everything. “

You may also seek out Elise for Sports Nutrition counseling, helping you find the balance you need to achieve your goals.

Your Takeaway:

With an emphasis on total body health, Elise encourages people to take the steps they can each day to maintain wellness. She talks about the choices she makes on a daily basis in her own life, “We take our salt shaker off the table and season with herbs and spices instead. I pack a lunch everyday, easy fresh foods – cucumbers, apples and peanut butter…. I shop seasonally, the freshest produce at the right time of year. Local farmers markets. Buy the food that you know is good for you to eat and don’t buy the foods you know will be a temptation for you…. I live my life by the 80-20 diet, a version I made up myself – 80% of the time I try to make the best food choices So that the other 20% I don’t have to worry about what I’m eating quite as much. If I’m out with friends or I’m at an event I don’t have to worry because I know that the other 80% of my food choices have been good ones. People need to know that it doesn’t need to be an all or nothing sort of thing.” Elise holds this mindset as she helps people take restorative nutrition step by step, creating a balance they feel they can maintain and enjoy.

“We make over 600 choices a day about what is going to go into our bodies. We think if we make one wrong choice it’s all been for nothing. But it’s all about the balance! It doesn’t need to be all or nothing… Nobody should feel like a failure.”

“True wellness to me is people being able to see their body for the temple that it is, appreciate it for what it is and what it does for you, and nourishing it. Every person’s body, every individual is so amazing.”

Also worth mentioning, Elise is working toward a Natural and Holistic Herbal Remedies Certification and is excited for how this will impact her personal life and her practice in the future! So are we, Elise!

She hopes to offer group classes at Tree of Life as well. Topics may include Pregnancy and Nutrition Classes as well as in the future, Herbal Remedies classes. She’s also hoping for feedback from you! What kinds of classes do you want to see from her? (To be notified when these classes will be scheduled, like our facebook page HERE!). Events will also be posted on our website, which is coming soon!

 

Stop in to see Elise and check on her hours and services in the coming weeks as we open our doors at Tree of Life.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s